Thursday, June 28, 2012

Claustrophobia

Do you think a movie can cause you to become claustrophobic? A couple of years ago Rick and I watched Descent. It is this dumb movie about these women that go a cave exploring trip that turns bad, bad, bad. Just watching these women squeezing through those tiny caves and tunnels made me swear I would never go into a cave again. Well while doing research for our trip to South Dakota in July I thought we should go to Jewel Cave Nation park since I have never been there. I started to read about the tours and thought, oh I can do that. Then I read about and watched a video on the Wild Caving Tour  and I started to get all claustrophobic! It was like I was in those tiny caves right then and they were crashing in on me. Needless to say I will not be doing the Wild Caving Tour. I think I will stick to the Scenic Tour  where you are upright the whole time and on walkways and steps. I can only hope I don't go into a total panic attack when I get way down under ground in the cave :) 

Later Sharon

No comments: