Sunday, June 24, 2012

Leaving the nest......

 The baby wren's are all grown up and flew away this week. Rick was home when they made there first flight and was able to get a couple pictures as they made there way out of the bird house.


 I finally got my rake project done. Not to hard to do but I think they look really cute. It is a fun way to keep the wine glasses.

It is good to be home this weekend after being gone all last weekend.  I watched Liam, Josie and Eli twice this past week because Amy had her gallbladder removed. Now that I don't watch them often it was exhausting. Mostly because Eli is into everything :) Good thing he is a happy baby so it makes up for the fact that I have to watch his every move. Every time I think I have the house baby proof he proves me wrong.
Amy is doing very good after her surgery and is very glad to have it done with and on the road to recovery. She said I cannot have anymore surgeries because her and I have had the exact same surgeries. We both have had our wrists done and now the gallbladder. Good thing they are all minor surgeries :) She said does not want to follow in anymore of my medical problems. But really she is the one who started it since she had her wrist surgery before I had mine, so maybe it is her that is causing the surgery issue......

Yesterday Amy wanted to get out of the house and go to the farmers market in Mankato. Since she is still on pain pills I told her I would take her. I had to get up early on my day off but for Amy I did it. When we got to the farmers market Amy talked me into buying some homemade salted nut rolls. They are soooooo good. Now I want to eat all of them! After that we stopped at Kohls and Target. Amy was pretty tired by then so I took her home. I was back home by 10:30. Good thing too because I had some major house cleaning to do. The house was a huge mess. Since I was gone all last weekend and then worked all week I did not get any cleaning done. I got everything looking like it should be and even had time to do my little rake project. Last night we had a wedding reception to go to in Northfield. It was fun to visit with Theresa and Dean and Bruce and Erica. The bride and groom where beautiful.

Today Rick is at  a archery shoot in Coon Rapids. He was there yesterday too. So I am home alone for the day. I have a graduation in Hastings that I should be going to but I am not. I don't want to drive all the way up there by myself. I know I am being a bad cousin by not going.

Poor Dexter has developed separation anxiety since we left him and Morgan at Amy's house last weekend. He has never had a problem like this before and has spent many weekends at Amy's and has been kenneled before. I think it is because Rick was home for 2 weeks and then when we got back home Rick went back to work and I was working so the dogs were home alone for the whole day for the first time in a long time. Dexter was so bad on Monday and Tuesday that I could hardly make a move with out tripping on him because he was pretty much attached to my feet. He even tried to get in the shower with me on Thursday! I felt so bad for him, he was in a total panic. Yesterday he was doing much better since I was home most of the day. He did not even seem to get upset when we left for the wedding. Today he is a little clingy but not nearly as bad as he has been. I hope he gets over it soon.

I am very excited that we are planing a trip to South Dakota with Jane, Paul and Hannah in July. It was a last minute decision so we had to find someplace to camp in a hurry. I really wanted to stay in Custer State Park again but they are all booked up since July in peek season out there. We found a place just outside of the park, I hope it is nice. It is hard to just pick someplace with never seeing it before. It should be lots of fun and I am really looking forward to it. I love South Dakota. Hopefully Dexter does not go into full panic mood when we leave him with Amy....


Later Sharon

No comments: