Monday, June 11, 2012

Sidewalks, haircuts, grill and walking

 Dexter and Morgan after there haircuts. They are much cooler now
                                 The sidewalk in front of the house before

                                                        The sidewalk after
                                      More of the sidewalk after....


It had been a little hot out there!  I am just happy that I got wonderful weather for all four days I was off. It may have been a little hot but that's is just fine with me.
I had a great weekend. Rick is between jobs so he was home with me all of my 4 days off. It was nice. On Thursday Rick and went to Mankato since I need to get the oil changed in my car. After that we went to a couple places to look at grills. After that Christa and Jese went car shopping so I watched Oliver for a few hours.  I never get to babysit him so it was fun. He loves the dogs and kept trying to kiss Morgan. Morgan of course loves to lick so she was all over Oliver.
Friday I went for a 5 mile run, it was hot out!  Friday morning the contractor got half of our cement work done. We took out the sidewalk and the skirt in front of the garage. It was all a big cracked up mess. We also are putting cement on the side of the garage where we park the camper and trailer. They got that part done and the sidewalk. It looks so much better. I am very happy to have it done. I will put pictures up of the driveway when it gets done.
Friday afternoon we went to Owatoanna so Rick could order some shirts for R Strings. Then we stopped at Lowe's and finally got a grill. Ours was huge and falling apart. We got a much smaller one that fits much better on our deck. They even put it together for us at no charge. Once we got home we had to get the old one off the deck. Since we have the skid loader here for the driveway work we used it to take the grill down. Speaking of the skid loader, Rick is having lots of fun with it. The contractor said he could use it as much a he wants so Rick is doing lots of yard work with it. He is going to miss it when it is gone.
Saturday I watched Oliver again for a couple of hours so Jese and Christa could go pick up there new van. The rest of the day I really did not do to much. I just relaxed.....
Sunday I decided that I wanted to walk around the lake so I asked Rick to come with me. Of course being the good husband that he is he said okay. It is a 7 mile walk from our house. We did it in 1 hour 43 minutes That is just over a 14 minute mile. It was pretty hot out but it was fun to go around the lake. We use to walk around it all the time when we lived in our other house but since moving we hardly ever do. It is over a mile just to get to the lake so we usually just go by part of the lake when running or walking. You would think with all the running I do that a 7 mile walk would be nothing. Well I am more stiff today then when I run 5 miles, which I do a couple times a week. I guess I used different muscles to walk :)
Today I am back at work but only for 4 days and then another 4 day weekend...
Later Sharon

No comments: