Friday, March 23, 2012

The squirrels and bunnies are going to be so sad.....





The above pictures are of all the trees that are growing in the ditch that next to our yard. I am guessing that these ditches have never been cleaned out, some of those trees have been there for at least 20 years.  The county in all of its wisdom is going to come and remove all of the trees. They are going to take it down to the ground and then put grass in. They claim it will be better for erosion. Rick asked them if they were going to put sod down or grass mats and they told him no. They said they are just going to seed it. So the first rain we get the seeds will all wash down to the creek and HELLO then you will see erosion. I guess the county has a 16 foot easement onto our lawn for the ditch/creek. A lot of the trees are small but there is some really big, nice tress also. There are some pretty good sized walnut trees and some pine trees right on the top of the ditch. I sure hope they do not take those out. I am pretty sure the huge oak trees the are in the easement area are safe since they are on top of the ditch. But who know with the county. I will be really mad if they take those out. I guess they are going to start next week and it could take them up to two weeks.  I really hope they do not break the invisible fence since we have right on the edge of the yard right where the ditch starts and it is not buried very deep. If they have a bunch of equipment driving around you know they will dig it up and break it. I am guessing they are going to make a mess of the yard too. As you can tell I am not very happy about this. About the only good thing about it is the mosquito's should be down a little since they are always thick in those trees. I guess there is nothing we can do about it :(                                                                                                            Later Sharon 

No comments: