Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Muskrat Love......

This the muskrat that has moved into our yard


Dexter and Morgan checking out the muskrat

When we did apple pies we had some leftover apples. Amy was going to make some apple butter with them but never got to it so the apples were starting to go bad. So I picked the apples up from Amy's house and put them out in the lawn for the deer to eat. The first night they were there the deer ate about half of them. Then the next afternoon I looked out and there was a muskrat walking up to them. We watched him for awhile and then I decided to walk over and see if he would leave, but he just ignored me. Then the dogs finally saw him. They went crazy barking at him, of course they are to chicken to get to close to him. Well the muskrat was in apple heaven so he just kept right on eating and let the dogs bark away. Finally I took the dogs in and he ran away. But don't worry he came back again yesterday. He pretty much spent the whole afternoon eating apples. He did not care that there was 4 guys working on the shed or that the dogs just kept barking and walking around him. He just ate and ate and ate. Hopefully the apples will be all gone this morning and the muskrat moves on. The shed is just about done. They started working on it on Friday, that is when I took the picture above. They came back yesterday and just about have it finished. The door was back ordered but should be here today. Once that is on we will be able to start using it. We are going to get stuff in it this coming weekend. Sunday we decided to work on the 3 season porch. We found out that it does have insulation in the walls and ceiling so that is going to save us a lot of work. So we took out the few things we had on the porch and Rick scraped the ceiling. We also got rid of the 1970's ceiling fan. Rick should have the ceiling done by the end of the week then we can paint it and get the new fan in. We are also going to replace the carpet since the stuff in it is gross. When all that is done was are going to put some plastic over the windows to try and keep it a little warmer in there. I want to get a little electric fireplace to put in there so we can use it  more when it is chilly outside. I am excited to have it done. Rick also scraped the ceiling in the bedroom and put new texture on it so it is ready to be painted. He has a couple of cracks in the walls that need another coat and then we can paint the whole room. Of course I have not idea what color we are going with. For now we are going to keep the oak trim up in the room because we would have to replace two closet doors and four closet drawers if we change it. I an not sure what we are going to do with the floor. We would like to get rid of the carpet that is in it since it is pretty gross too. Once that room is done then we only have the office to get done! I think we will be done with the construction until after Christmas. I went and had about 3-4 inches of my hair cut off yesterday. Cassie sent me a picture of how she thought I should have it cut so that is what I did. It has lots of layers now. Of course this morning when I was getting ready for work I was wishing I had more time to play with it to make it look nice. But I think after I figure it all out I will like it. It feels good to get rid of some of my hair. Well that is about all I can think to update about. Later Sharon

No comments: