Sunday, November 27, 2011

Giving

When you give money to a charity do you really know where that money is going or what that charity stands for. I have been giving money for years to a charity at Christmas time, I won't name it but it is the one that stand outside your local stores every Christmas season ringing the bell and with the little red pail to put your money it. I am sure you all know which charity I am talking about. Every year I have always given to them. Well I was not happy when I was told that this charity is anti homosexual. In fact I did not really believe it when I was told it. So I went onto there web site and read there mission statement and sure enough they are anti homosexual  and also  anti abortion I have a hard time with a charity or organization that claims to help all but then excludes certain groups. It is total my fault for not researching it before I just gave money. But needless to say I will never give them another dime. I am guessing that most of the people who volunteer to ring those bells every year have no idea what that charity really stands for. They just think like I did that the money is well spent and that is it. I will no longer just give without first checking into my choice of charities mission statements etc. There are so many good charities out there so I will continue to give but I will be a lot more picky about who I give to.

Okay onto other things. I had a good Thanksgiving even if I had to work half the day. I worked until 2:00 and then I went to Mitch and Jeannie's house for supper. I did not get to go to the Rugroden side for lunch. It was great to see everyone again. I am sad to say that Curt was not there with us since he is back in the hospital with the infection he has from his surgery. I hope and pray that he gets better soon and will be able to make it to Christmas.
Thursday at 10:00 Christa, Amy and I started our black Friday shopping at Walmart. From there we went to Mankato and went to Kohls, Target,  and Old Navy. Then we took a break from shopping and had some breakfast at Perkins. After that it was time to go to Menards. We got lots of good deals and every store went to did a great job. I think it is all about the Minnesota nice. People here are just nice even when they are exhausted. We got home about 8:30 on Friday morning. I was so shot since I had been up since 4:00 a.m. on Thursday. I got to bed about 9:00 and then got back up at 1:00. I figured 4 hours of sleep would get me through the day. I did manage to get all the Christmas stuff upstairs and got one of the trees put together. I am going to put two trees up this year since we have so many Christmas tree ornaments. After that I was pretty much shot so Rick and I  watched a movie and then I was in bed at 9:00.
Oh I forgot to say that Rick ran the Turkey Trot race in Faribault on Thanksgiving morning. He did really good having his personal best for a 5K
Yesterday I was back to work. Since all the students are gone I have to check all the buildings on campus plus student houses. It takes me about 2 1/2 hours to do it. I am glad that we have had such nice weather, it makes it much easier to do it. After  I got home from work Rick and I went to Walmart to pick up  a few things. Of course by the time we left the store we had spent over $100. I was even more tired last night then I was on Friday night so I was in bed by 8:30.
Today I am at work again. Thank goodness it is my last day and then I have 3 days off. I am going to try and get my Christmas stuff all up. I am also going to take some pictures of the completed bedroom and get them up here. I know I said I was going to do that before but this time I really am....
Later Sharon

No comments: