Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Proud of my Dad

I was going to write all about my vacation today but I just found out that my  75 year old Dad made a very big goal on Sunday. His goal was to walk as many miles as it would take him to go around the world. He made his goal plus more. It is 24,901.55 miles around the world and on Sunday he had walked 25,200 miles!!! That is a lot of walking. He started walking 10.5 years ago after he retired, he was 65 years old. He sometimes walks on the road and sometimes walks in the woods. He walks all year round. Sometimes twice a day. The rain and snow does not stop him, the only time he will not walk is if it lighting or we are in a  blizzard. He even goes for walks when he is on vacation. He walks most often  in boots but for a couple of winters he walked in snow shoes. He even took up a little running and with all his walking he had no trouble running a couple 5K races with me. He even ran faster then one of his granddaughters! I asked my Dad last year what he was going to do when he reached his goal of walking around the world and he told me "well I am going to walk back." I love my Dad and could not be more proud of him.

Later Sharon

No comments: