Sunday, September 25, 2011

Hunting Fun

These are some of my favorite pictures that we took in South Dakota. They were all taken  from the bike trail. 


Deer hunting opened last weekend and Rick and I have been out several times. I have seen a lot of deer but other then last night I have not had a shot. Last night I had a very small doe that I could have shot. I was pulled up and ready to shoot but then I decided that it was just to small. It was not much bigger then a fawn. So even though it would have been my first deer shot with a bow I decided to let it go. Rick surprised me yesterday and bought me a ground blind for hunting. I have wanted to get one but we decided to wait until the end of the hunting season to get one on sale. Rick decided to stop at Cabelas yesterday and found a really nice one in the bargain cave for a really good price so he got it. So I got to hunt in a ground blind for the first time. I was in it for less then an hour when a doe came up from behind me and was almost to the blind before I saw her. It was so funning she just walked right up to it and was looking it over then she stuck her head in the window and looked right at me. I could have reached out and touched her. Then she just turned around and walked away like it was nothing new to have a blind pop up in the woods. I never had a shot at her because when she turn and walked away from me all I could shoot at was her butt! By the time I had a good view of her again she was to far away to shoot. It sure made me laugh that she stuck her head right in the window and looked right at me and never seemed to figure out what I was. It made it worth not having a shot at her!
Later Sharon

No comments: