Thursday, September 1, 2011

No mountain biking for me!

Yesterday after work Rick and I decided to take our trail bikes out for a ride. We decided we should take them to Courthouse park just south of town. It is a really nice park that has lots of dirt trails that you can bike/walk or take your horses on. In the winter you can also cc ski there. I had not been there other then in the winter so I forgot how narrow some of the trails are and that  it is really hilly. We also had rain the other day so the trails were pretty muddy and ruff from the horses going on them. I was doing pretty good until we had do go down a very big, muddy hill, I got off and walked my bike down. Rick just laughed at me. Then as we went along on a very small, narrow trail I got caught up in a stick on the ground and fell down not once but twice! I finally got going again only to realize we now had to go back up the big hills we just came down. I managed to get up all but one and managed to only fall off my bike one more time. I was so full of mud by the time we got done! I have come to realize that I could never do mountain biking. I am way to big of a chicken. I spent most of the time riding my breaks. Rick on the other hand just flew down the trails and he never fell down. I would never be able to bike on those trails with my feet clipped into the peddles.  We only went 4 miles but it felt like I went about 30 on my road bike. It was a good workout. It was fun to do something different but I think I will stick to road biking.
Later Sharon

No comments: