Friday, December 17, 2010

Out with the old and in with the new....well kind of!

I know I have written about my wallet before but I will review it anyhow. I bought my wallet at Brett's Department store when I was 17 years old. I have been using that same wallet for the past 31 years. I have tried others but have never liked them so I always went back to the one I bought in 1979. Well if finally started to fall apart. I had to find a replacement for my wallet and soon. I looked all over and just could not find one that even compared to it. Finally in despair   I decided to do a google  search on the brand. which is Amity. What I found out was they were a well known company that made high quality wallets from 1915 to 1996 when they stopped making them under the Amity name. They have changed the company to name to the Rolf company and still make wallets and other leather goods. While looking for information on google eBay came up. So I took a look and to my surprise there was my wallet! It was my exact wallet only it was in brand new shape. So I put a bid on it and won it for $5.50. I got it in the mail yesterday. If  I get 31 years out of this one it will be the best $5.50 that I ever spent. So it is out with the old and in with the almost new!

No comments: