Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Giving

Tis the season for giving....A couple of weeks ago Rick was at the store and outside of the store standing in the cold was a group of people collecting food for the local food shelf. So he got a list from them and went into the store and got 3 bags of grocery's for them. It was really a nice thing to do.
While we were shopping at the MOA this weekend we were told that if you spend $250. at the mall you can take your receipts to the Nickelodeon Universe and get two free passes worth $65.  So we put all of our receipts together and were able to get 10 free passes. We then donated those passes to Make-A-Wish. It is really a nice program that the MOA puts on. I guess they have been doing it for a few years now and we never knew about it.
Every year for my birthday I tell everyone that I do not want a birthday gift. I tell them that they should go out and do something nice for someone  else and then tell me about it. Well every year my mom keeps on giving me $20. even though I tell her not to. So I saved that $20 since March and at the MOA this past weekend  I put it in the Salvation Army's bucket. There was a man and his two sons ringing the bell and keeping watch over the bucket when I put the money in. One of the little boys saw me put the $20 in. As I was walking away he turned to his dad and said SHE PUT $20. IN!!! It was pretty funny, he was pretty excited. I think it is great thing that those young boys were helping out with a charity and learning about giving to people that need a helping hand.
So in this season of giving  as we are out there spending our money on all those things that we don't really need remember that there is always someone out there that could use a helping hand.
Rick got a ton done on the house while I was gone this weekend. He got all of the trim up in the living room and most of it up in the dinning room. He also got the floor done in the dinning room. Yesterday he got most of the floor down in the kitchen. It looks so good!. We moved the furniture back into the living room yesterday. It was Ricks birthday yesterday so we went down to New Richland and Rick's mom took us out for lunch. After that we went to Target and got a TV stand so we can get the TV in the living room hooked up.
Today I am back at work. It was hard to get out of bed this morning. I just wanted to stay where it was nice and warm!
Later Sharon

1 comment:

Christa said...

hey, you have the same background as me, you MUST change it NOW!!! :)