Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Ice, snow and oh so cold!


These are some pictures of the snow we got. Lots of drifts!


This is our new dinning room table. As you can see in the picture below I still don't have all the doors done so we have no doors on the closets yet.






I am so glad that I did not have to work this weekend. It was nice to be snowed in and not have to go anywhere! I finally got all of my Christmas stuff put up. Well everything but my houses. I started them yesterday and hope to finish them tonight after work. Waseca got a lot of rain before the snow started on Sat. morning so everything is pretty much an ice rink. I tried to get some ice-melt yesterday and it is sold out all over Waseca. Rick and I went to Mankato on Sunday afternoon to look for a table. After going to a million stores we decided to get the one that we liked right in Waseca. They delivered it on Monday, I love it!
I babysat Liam and Josie on Monday. It has been a long time since I babysat them both for a whole day. We had lots of fun. Liam was pretty excited that we have the house almost done. It was fun to have them there and not have a constructions zone in the house.
I have been staining the doors for upstairs in the bedroom in the basement. It sucks because I have so little room to move around  and the doors are big. I can only do two at a time. I got the bathroom and bedroom doors and all 5 door frames done yesterday. It sure will be nice to have a bathroom door again! I had hoped to have them all done by this weekend but I don't think I will make it.
Tomorrow we have First Responder training at work. It is going to be a long day for me. I have to be at work at 6:00 in the morning and will not get to leave until 7:30 at night. Then I will have my hour drive home. I wish I did not have to work on Friday. At least we only have this training once a year.
Last night I went down to the club to shoot. I shot about 40 arrows. I wrist was pretty sore last night but is okay this morning so that is good. It felt good to be shooting again. I only have a couple weeks to get ready for league so I have to get shooting.
We have a mouse in the garage!  I went to buy some mouse traps yesterday and they were all sold out of the normal traps.  I had to buy the sticky traps, I hate those because the mice do not die right away. They claim on the box that it is a fast kill kind,  I sure hope so because I hate to hear the mice squeal when they get stuck in them. But that is what the mice get for thinking they can spend the winter in my garage! 
Later Sharon


No comments: