Friday, November 19, 2010

Waiting

Right now I am waiting for the vet to call to tell me that Dexter is done. I took him in at 8:30 to be groomed and he is still not done and it is almost 2:30! I wish they would hurry up and call. Poor Dexter will not like having to be in a kennel all day.
I have been busy on my days off doing more home construction. I spent most of yesterday afternoon on the floor pulling out staples. I pretty sure they used a million staples to put the carpet down. I have most of them up now. I also have been staining trim boards and a door. It is a little stinky in the house but it is to cold to do it in the garage. I sanded all the walls that had wallpaper on, now they are nice and smooth and ready for Rick to put a skim coat on. He has the ceiling all done and he put the one piece of sheetrock up that was needed above the fireplace. We should be ready to start painting the primer by this weekend. To bad the weekend is so busy for us. I have to work and Rick has archery class on Sat. and then Sunday we have Grandma and Grandpa Trenda's 72 anniversary party. So we won't get much done this weekend. The carpet person came over today to measure up the living room. I have it set up for the carpet to be installed on Dec. 3. So we have a lot to get done by then. This will be the first year in as long as I can remember that I will not be putting up my Christmas tree on the weekend after thanksgiving. I am not liking it. Then the following weekend I will be at the MOA so I still will not be able to get it up. I hope that I can put it up on Dec. 6 because that will be my day off.
My wrist is still pretty sore. I am very impatient  for it to get better. It seems like it is taking way longer this time. I had hoped to be shooting by now.
Rick and I are going to go out in the cold when he gets home and go for a run. I hope I don't freeze to death.
Later
Sharon

1 comment:

Christa said...

Just put your tree up downstairs this year!