Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I am ready to have it off!

Liam helping Rick with the floors


Liam at Halloween



Josie at Halloween


Posted by PicasaI have decided that I really do not make a very good sick person any more. It really drives me nuts not being able to do anything. I thought it would be so great to have 12 days off work, but it is no fun when you are limited on what you can do. I spent all day Thur. downloading pictures to Shutterfly. When I was not doing that I was watching Rick work on the kitchen. That is what really drove me nuts is not being able to help with that.
Friday Christa and Jese stopped by for a short visit and Jese helped Rick put up two of the cabinets. I decided I could not sit around anymore so I helped take out the old flooring in the kitchen.
Sat. Rick got almost all of the kitchen done! It looks so nice. We just have to get the trim on the window and doors, put the lights up, get the door pulls on, replace the closet door and paint the door that goes to the garage. We are really happy with them.
Sunday we went to WI for Andrew's conformation party. It was fun to visit with everyone. When we got home I started to put everything in the cabinets. It is so nice to have a kitchen again.
Monday Cassie, Christa and I went to Ikea. I got to see Cassie's new house. It is really nice. We also went to a furniture store and I found the perfect table and chairs for us. To bad it is $2000. But I love it even more then the last one I found! When I got home Rick and I finished putting in the invisible fence for Dexter. It was not easy to shovel with a cast on my hand but i wanted it in so I sucked it up and did it. It is nice to be able to just let Dexter out now and not have to worry about him.
Tue. I had to babysit at the last min. for Amy. Liam helped me unpack all the kitchen stuff that I still had in boxes from the move. Then he had tons of fun playing with the boxes. When Rick got home he helped him try and get the rest of the old flooring up in the kitchen.
Today I got Christa and Jese's dog Kipper. He will be here for 4-5 days while they are deer hunting. Dexter and Kipper get along good. Tonight we are going to Owatonna to get different paint for the dinning room and entryway. The stuff we got is ugly! Hopefully we get it right this time.
Tomorrow I get to have my cast removed!!!! I will be very happy to have it gone. Then it is back to work on Friday. I am not looking forward  to that.
Later Sharon

No comments: