Wednesday, June 16, 2010

One house sold one house bought

Yesterday we had our house closings. I am so glad that part is done. You never know what can happen until the deal is done and the papers are all signed and checks are handed out! Now we just need to get moved. The people who are in the house we bought will be out on the 30th so we are going to be able to move in on the 1st.
After we finished with the house closings we went to Menard's to get prices on cabinets and bathroom stuff. We want to get the kitchen cabinets ordered ASAP so we can get the kitchen done. Now we just have to decide if we want to have them custom made or go with Menard's. Menard's would be a lot faster but then we would have to install them. But having custom made cabinets means they would be exactly what we want, but it would take longer and would be more expensive. We will have to decide soon.
When we got back home it was already 8:00. Poor Dexter had a long day of being in the kennel so we took him for a walk and then it was time for bed.
Today is my last day of work for the weekend. Tonight Rick and I are going to put the camper up so I am sure I know how to do it. Then I have to practice backing it up. I have pulled campers and boats with a truck before but I have never backed it into a campsite before. Since I will be taking it up to Duluth with just Christa I guess I better learn how to do it. Amy and Cassie are coming up later on Thur. because Amy has to work until 2:30. I don't want to wait that late because I want to miss traffic. I looks like we are going to have good weather for running on Sat. I am getting excited to run, it is going to be fun.
So just about every night I have seen this older couple walk by my old house and Ricks house for the last year or so. Last year when I first noticed them the women was walking with a very bad limp and her one hand looked bad. I am guessing she had a stroke. The husband would have to support her as they walked by slowly. Well this spring when I started to see them walk by again she is walking so much better and they are always holding hands as they walk by. It very sweet to watch them as they go by. The fact that the husband has been there helping her along as she recovers and to see them holding hands is really nice to see. It is nice to see people that love each other and are there for each other.

Got to go I will have lots of pictures for Duluth when I next post.

Later Sharon

No comments: