Friday, May 14, 2010

Big Winner

So on Tue. Rick and I went to Menards because it was there re-grand opening. We had 3 coupons that you had to scan to see what they were worth. Of course all 3 of ours were only worth $2.00 each and you could only use one per person. Rick had a couple of things to get for work so he use one. They had buy one get one free on bags of M&M's so I got them and use another coupons so I only had to pay .68 for both bags. So I thought that was it for our big win. well while we were there we put our names in a drawing. I asked Rick what we were signing up for and he said he had no idea. On Wed. while I was at work I got a call from Menards. The women said she had to ask me a couple of questions. She asked me if I was over 18 and if I was related to anyone that worked at the store. Then she said congratulations " you just won a $500. dollar gift card to Menards"!!!! I could not believe it. I was a big winner!!! I am pretty sure we will have no trouble spending $500. at Menards.
So being the big winner at Menards almost makes up for the fact that it is going to cost me $975. to have my tooth crowned. To bad I have already used up all of my insurance for the year on the other two crowns I had put on. When it is done I will only have two teeth on the top of my mouth that do not have crowns on. I am sure they will be getting done in the next few years too.
Oh I guess I forgot to say that we did not get the house. I guess we will just keep looking. My dentist told me that he looked for a house for 6 years! He said that they even tried to buy the same house twice and both times lost it to someone else. I sure hope we don't have to look for 6 years.
I am happy to see the sun today.
Later Sharon

No comments: