Friday, September 14, 2012

"Only a fool says, "It's just fabric.-unknown


So here it is the dress I sewed on my days off. I dragged Rick with me to Joann  Fabric on Tuesday night to help pick out fabric. It is always nice to get  a second opinion. I was going to go with a cream color but could not find one I like. You would think all cream fabric would be alike but it is not! I ended up getting this purple. It was really hard to get a picture of the color, when we took it inside it looked blue. Now the picture is pretty shadowy but you get a idea of what the dress looks like. I think it turned out pretty good and will look even better when I am actually all  fixed up nice and have on some nice shoes etc. The pattern was a Vogue pattern and I have not used them much so I was a little worried about it. But it turned out to be pretty easy once I got it started. I did have a little bit of a panic when after I had everything cut out I found one of the pattern pieces on the floor that still need to get cut out. After some finagling I was able to cut it out of one of the scraps of fabric.  I can officially say that I now have the sewing bug. I just wanted to buy more fabric while I was at Joann fabric. It is a good thing Rick was with me or I might have come out with lots more :) I am already thinking about what I should sew next.

Other then sewing on my days off I just did not do to much. I had to pick Liam up from school all week and take him to daycare. On Wed. I kept him at my house after school because it has been forever since he was there to visit. We had a good time together.  When Rick got home from work he took him to the archery club to show him how to shoot a bow. Liam was super excited about it. Rick said he is still a little to small but he did really good on figuring out how to hold the bow etc. He should be ready next year for the class Rick teaches. For this year Rick said he will just take him down and help him once in awhile. I am pretty sure Liam missed Rick way more then me. He hung on Rick like glue. It was pretty cute. Now I need to have Josie over for a play date too.

I did get to see all four of my grandkids this week. Liam, Josie and Eli stopped over last night while Adam was bringing over some things for the garage sale that Amy and Christa are having at my house. I also got to see Oliver when Christa was setting up the garage sale.


Oliver just wanted to walk around the yard so I followed him around while Christa worked. He discovered the deer target in the yard. I was pretty cute, he just looked and looked at it. I think he was trying to figure out if it was real.

Today I am back to work and trying to catch up on all my work. After sitting in the office all morning I am about done.

Tomorrow is the beginning of bow season. I hope to get out after work. It looks like it is going to be a very nice weekend.

Later Sharon

No comments: