Sunday, September 23, 2012

Holly Hobbie



Years and years ago my Mom embroidered Holly Hobbie on this jean shirt for me. I think I was in middle school at the time. It was when Holly Hobbie was huge. She always told me that I could never get rid of the shirt because it was so much work to embroider it. So like a good daughter I kept it all these years. It just hung in my closet and moved with me everywhere I went. This summer when we went up to Diane and Rod's for the Becker family vacation I thought I would be funny and bring it up. I surprised Mom and wore it one day. It was funny, the first thing she said was how much work it was to make it :) I guess I will have to keep it a few more years......

The weather is finally turning colder and I am happy about it. My allergies have not been the best these last few weeks. I was glad it froze last night, that should help a lot.
We have made it out hunting a few times. I had a doe and two fawns come in the other night. I could have shot a fawn but I did not want to shoot such a little deer. The doe never came in where I could get a shot at her. Rick went out last night but I did not. I hate leaving for work at 5:00 in the morning  and then not getting home until 8:30-9:00 at night. It makes for a very long day especially if I have to get up the next day for work. Rick and Jese went out this morning. I have not heard from them yet so I don't know if they got anything or even saw anything. I hate morning hunting because I always get so cold and can never seem to warm up.

Yesterday was the Waseca Marching Band Classic. It is a huge deal in Waseca, bringing in high school bands from all over the state. They have a parade in the afternoon and then all compete. At the end they put on this huge fireworks display. I thought it would never end last night. Poor Dexter hates fireworks almost as bad as thunderstorms. One of these years I will actually have to go down and watch  the parade etc. Everyone is always telling me it is really good.

I am working my last weekend for this rotation. I am glad to be back on my 4 and 4's. Next weekend we are going camping with Jane and Paul at Beaver Creek State park. It should be a nice and relaxing weekend. We also have 2 weddings and I have the half marathon in Oct. It is going to be a busy month. I really need to get out running more. It is hard to fit it in between, work and hunting. I did have a very good 6.5 mile run the other night. I felt like I could have ran a lot longer. The cool weather helps.

I finished sewing my second dress yesterday after work. I don't like it as much as the first one I made. I think I will wear it for Thanksgiving.

Well I guess that is about it for now.

Later Sharon

Vote NO in NOvember 


1 comment:

Amy said...

liam and josie also weren't happy with the fireworks. josie was scared that they were shooting them off by our house and they were going to blow up the house, poor jojo:)