Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Family

Linda, Dad, Mom, me and Diane
This is a picture of my family that we took at Thanksgiving. I thought it was a good picture of us so I thought I would share it. It seems that as all our lives get more and more busy with our own families that we don't all get to get together very often. I remember when we all had little kids we use to go to Mom and Dad's house every Sunday. When I live out of town I use to go to there house and spend the whole weekend. I don't know how Mom did it. She worked full time and then every Sunday we would all be there and she would make us all a big meal. I never thought anything of it. They were good parents to put up with all of us every weekend. We had lots of good times and I am glad for the memories.
Today on my way to work I had a little scare. I was just coming out of Faribault on my way to Northfield going north on HWY 3. I was going around a curve when I saw a car in the wrong lane. I thought to myself, oh I am just seeing it wrong because we are on a curve. Then a split second later I realized that it really was in my lane and it was at a dead stop. I was going 60 mph headed right for it. I slammed on my breaks and went sliding to a stop, the roads had a little frost on them so I did a little fish tailing. When the dumb ass in the other car saw me he put his blinker on and backed into his driveway. I could not believe it! If I had not stopped I would have hit him head on. I was so shook up that I put myself into a asthma attack. By the time I got to work I was coughing so hard I was having trouble catching my breath. I finally had to use my inhaler. My chest is finally starting to feel better. Not only was I pissed at the dumb ass I was pissed because I have not had to use my inhaler in a long time. 
Today is my last day of work and then I have 5 days off. I am excited to have so many days off and really excited that I have Christmas day and Christmas Eve off this year.
Rick and I went to the store on Sunday and I hoped it would be the last time I had to go before Christmas but it is not working out that way. I am going to have to go back again to pick up a couple things that I forgot. I also have to go to the liquor store. Hopefully they will not be to busy.
Later Sharon

1 comment:

Christawr said...

you should have us over every Sunday for supper!!