Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas Ice Skates

The skates before the Christmas makeover 

The skates with a Christmas makeover
I still have the my very first pair of ice skates.  I hated to get rid of them because of the memories I have of all the hours and hours my sisters and I skated on the pond my Dad made for us each winter. As you can see they were pretty worn out. So I decided to give them a Christmas make over. First I got some sliver medal paint and panted the blades. Then I got some white spray paint to do the rest of the skate. Well I learned that the cheap paint would not work. So I got some Kilz spray paint and after one coat they looked like new. After that I used spay glitter on them but I did not like the way it looked. So I got some spay glue and some white glitter and I think they turned out pretty good. I had some really pretty ribbon to use as laces but I could not get it through the holes so I just used the silver stuff. I think I will look for something better to use for laces and maybe put some Christmas greens in them to finish off the look.

Later Sharon

No comments: