Friday, November 9, 2012

Colonoscopy fun.....

One of the joys of turning 50 is you get to have lots of new medical test done. So yesterday I went in for my first colonoscopy. I know lots of people that put it off and off for years because they are afraid of the test and the prep for it. Well it really was not that bad. The prep for sure was not pleasant but you survive. I took my bosses advice and got a good book and planned on sitting on the toilet for a couple hours :) They basically make you take enough laxatives to clean out a horse so that your colon is clear for the test. The test its self was nothing. They sedate you so you really don't remember a thing. Good news is my test was negative and I don't have to have another one until November 2022. And since I know how much you all LOVE medical pictures here are the pictures of my colon.....

I know you are all very excited to see them:)

So if you have been putting off having a colonoscopy get over it and get it done. You will survive and it could save your life. Colon cancer is very curable cancer if it is caught early. There is no reason to put off the test just because it might make you uncomfortable for a day.

 Oh and I forgot to say that one of the nurses that helped with the test was someone I graduated high school with. She said that it has been like a class reunion this year because we are all turning 50. It was funny. And yes she is having her colonoscopy in December.

So there you have.....get it done!

Later Sharon

No comments: