Saturday, July 21, 2012

Dresses for Josie

                                    Josie in one of the dressed I made for her

More dresses and matching hat and scarfs I sewed for Josie. The buttons were not sewed on the middle dress when I took the picture.
                                            A couple of shirts that I sewed for myself.
Last summer I sewed Josie a couple of dress and they are way to small for her now. A couple of weeks ago she asked me if I could fix them so she could wear them again. Of course I cannot refuse to do anything Josie asked because she is so cute.....So on Tuesday I went to Mankato to Joann Fabrics and go a bunch of fabric to make her some new dresses. Of course while I was there I decided that I should get some fabric for me too and make myself some shirts.
Wednesday and Thursday I spend the day sewing. I made Josie 4 dresses, three with matching scarfs and one with a matching hat. I made myself two shirts. Josie came over on Thursday and was very excited to have some new dresses. Last year I made her a size 3 and Amy said they were way to small so this year I figured I better make her a size 5. As you can see it is a little big on her but I figure she will grow into them and then hopefully they will fit her next summer too. I guess if they don't I will be making her some new ones.

I am glad that I am not in 4-H anymore having my sewing skills judged. I had to put 7 buttons holes in one of the dresses I made for Josie. By the time I got to the 7th one it was perfect. The first one was far from perfect. Every time I have to put in button holes I think to myself that I should do a practice one first, then I think to myself that it would be a lot of extra work so why bother.....that is why they are never perfect on the first try :) 

Now I have the sewing bug and want to sew some more. I don't know why I don't sew more since I always have such a hard time finding clothes that fit. Maybe  if I gave up all my other hobbies I would have more time to sew......

Later Sharon 

2 comments:

Christawr said...

omg, the little purple hat is CUTE!!!

You should make me some of the skirts I pinned on pinterest since you have the sewing bug :)

Sharon said...

Thanks, I am going to make her a couple more hats but I need to have her try it on first to make sure it fits her. I have never made a hat before.

We will see about making some of the skirts.....