Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Corn Crib

Way back when I was a kid I spend many many happy hours in a corn crib. Yes I said a corn crib. You see when I grew up my playmates were my cousins. We all lived in the country so we did not have neighborhood kids to hang out with. So almost everyday we would bike to each others house and hang out. One of my cousins lived on an old farmstead with a barn and best of all a corn crib. We made that corn crib our play house. We spent so many hours out there playing and just talking about stuff that kids talk about. What great memories I have of that corn crib.
One of the other things we all did together was  to go to White Sands Swimming pool   Make sure you click on the link and check out the pictures. They have a bunch of pictures of the pool. We spent so much time there swimming and listening to WDGY on the radio. Oh it makes me smile just to think about it. Now the big White Sands pool is a dog park! Hope the dogs get lots of good memories there too :)
Well I guess that is enough of my childhood memories for one day.
Later Sharon 

No comments: