Thursday, August 11, 2011

All in a hard days work......

All the wood that we split loaded up and stacked up


Morgan, her hair is started to grow back out.
Yesterday was a busy day for us. Rick had the day off so he rented a log splitter for the morning and got all the logs cut up from the 3 trees we had cut down. After he got done splitting the logs he took the splitter back and rented a tile saw so he could finish putting the tile down in the bathroom. When he started the tile he realized he was going to run short. Since he only had the saw for 4 hours I had to make a mad dash for Menard's in Mankato to get one more box. When I got back I went to work on the wood piles. Since we don't have a wagon I loaded up the wheelbarrow with wood and then took to where I wanted it and stacked it all up. We are going to have enough wood to last us a long time since we only use if for the fire pit. We also have one more tree that is going to be cut down.
Oh I forgot to say I watched Eli in the morning for a couple of hours too. I was changing Eli's diaper when he decided it would be a good idea to poop. Of course I was on the carpet when it happened. But it landed on his clothes so that is a good thing. Well I yelled for Rick to help me hold him so I could get his clothes off and then he started to pee. I don't know what was funnier, the fact that he was peeing everywhere or the fact that Rick was having a fit because I was changing him on the new carpet. I was laughing at them both!
So today I am paying for all my wood hauling yesterday. My fingers and toes are killing me. Not to mention my back and shoulder. But I am glad we got it done!
Today is my first day back to work after 7 days off. It was so hard to come back. I could have used another 7 days off.
I think it is time for me to take some Aleve.....
Later Sharon

No comments: