Wednesday, October 13, 2010

pies, pies and more pies

we had to make one of the pies to see if it tasted good

Christa and Amy pealing and cutting up apples

Christa took this pic of my hands. They look so old!

Liam and Josie helping with the pie making

My days off were spent being susie homemaker. Friday Amy and Christa came over to my house and we made  apple pies to freeze for the winter. We worked hard to get them all done. I was in charge of the crust. So I rolled out 70 crust by the time we were done. We made 31 apple pies and 10 crust to freeze for other pies. My hands were pretty sore after we were done.
Saturday Rick and I spent the day working on the three season porch. Rick had removed all of the old insulation and plywood under the porch earlier in the week because it was never sealed up so mice had gotten in it over the years. So we put new insulation in and put up green treated plywood and sealed it up tight so nothing could get in it. It was a sucky job because you could not stand up all the way and the plywood was heavy. It pretty much took us all day. After that was done I got on the lawnmower and cut up the carpet of leaves we had on the lawn. I was so dirty by the time I was done. Of course now the lawn is covered in leaves again! When I was done with that I figured I might as well go for a run, so I ran 4 miles. It felt good.
Sunday I did laundry and cleaned the house. Rick worked on the deck steps.
Monday Christa came over and we canned 16 quarts of apple crisp filling and 12 quarts of apple sauce. I am done canning for the year now. Well I am going to cook some pumpkins and freeze them for pumpkin pies etc. I also picked up Liam and Josie from daycare on Monday.
Tuesday it was back to work. Good thing I had to work so I can rest a little.
I finally scheduled my wrist surgery. I am having it done on the 27th.
Later Sharon

No comments: