Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The most wanted and most dreaded day is here...

Christa cutting up apples for apple crisp filling


Dexter enjoying the fall day

Rick working on the deck


Rick putting in the new garage door

Me with Josie and Rhyli

Christa age 24 and Dad age 75

Christa, Sarah, Beth and Dad

The Deck is done

We finally finished the deck.  Rick worked on it most of Sat. It is nice to be able to go out the deck to the back yard now. Rick also got the door in the garage. Now we just have to get them painted before winter is here. 
Sunday we went to mom and dad's house for the Oct. birthdays. Diane and Rod were down and Meagan and her two kids were here too. Meagan has moved back to MN after being gone for 7 years. It will be nice to get to know her again. Her kids are super cute. 
Amy decided that I had plenty of time to make Liam his Halloween costume so I have started that. I actually like to sew and use to make the kids Halloween costumes every year but that was before I was remodeling a house. But I figure I should have time to get it done next week....I hope! I am making him a dragon costume it should be really cute. Poor Josie is just going to have to use one of Liam's old costumes because I just won't have time to make her one too.
Well my most dreaded day and the most wanted day has arrived. We started to gut the kitchen. What a mess! We took all the upper cabinets out yesterday and Rick started to work on the ceiling. We were going to wait on taking the bottom cabinets out but we decided that on of the walls will need to be sheetrocked so they are coming out too. So now I have kitchen stuff all over the house. I am so excited to have it done. I hope that we can get it done within a couple of weeks. The good news is Rick is slow at work right now so he will be able to work on it during the day and not just after work and the weekends. 
We went to Menards last night to get lights for the kitchen, dinning room and entryway. I hate picking out lights. It took us forever. It is almost as bad as picking out paint colors! 
I asked one of the neighbors how many trick or treaters they get and he said "oh around 100!"  I sure am glad I got the big bag of candy! We may have to turn the lights out and hide in the basement if we get to many. We are use to having around 10 kids come. 
I am working today-Sat. then I will be off for 11 days. I am having my surgery next Wed. I had my pre-op on Monday. The doctor confirmed what I have been saying for months now I do have arthritis. My hands and feet have been so sore that it wakes me up at night. It sure sucks getting old and having the body fall apart.
I will put pictures up of the kitchen as we get it done. 
Later Sharon






No comments: