Monday, August 16, 2010

Weddings, Birthdays, Cabinets, Staining, Menards, and on and on and on.....

The kitchen cabinets all boxed up






Doors waiting to be stained




Some of the wood that I stained on Monday



Dexter has taken over my bed!





Jese and Avis birthday cake




The Rugroden Family








Christa once again had my camera and took a picture of herself.

I would love to be able to start my blog with I have not been up to anything.....but I don't think that is going to happen for awhile.
Friday afternoon the kitchen cabinets came in. Rick and I managed to get them all upstairs and now they are going to sit until we are ready to put them in.
Friday evening Rick, Jane, Paul and I went to a wedding in Rochester for a archery friends daughter. It was the fanciest wedding food I have ever eaten. It was sooooo good.
Saturday we went to Christa and Jese's house for Jese and Avis's birthday party. Everyone made it for the first time in a long time so we took a family picture. It turned out pretty good. Christa grilled chicken for us it was very good. When we got back home Rick went to work on his shop and I went for a run. I have not ran in 2 weeks so it felt really good to be out. I ran 4 miles. I guess if I can still run 4 miles I have not turned into a total slug!
Sunday we did some more work on the house and then went to Menards so we could spend another $1000. A lot of the stuff we want for the house was on sale for a really good price so we got it even if we are not ready for it. We decided to put wood some of the walls in the basement so we got that. We also decided to replace the doors in the basement and got all of them. Rick also got his lighting and flooring for his shop. We did not think we were going to get the 6 doors and all the wood in the truck but we just managed to get it all in. To bad no one was waiting at the house to unload it all....... I am pretty sure I am going to need about a 6 months rest for my body to recover from all of this work!
Monday I ran to Walmart to get some plastic gloves for staining and some wire for Rick. While I was there I went to call Rick to find out if I was getting the right wire and dropped my phone on the floor. Of course the battery fell out and it takes forever for Blackberry phones to turn back on. I was not very happy. When I got home I finally got the hostas planted back in front of the house. It took forever because when they put the dirt back in they really packed it down and they had all the landscaping rocks mixed in. But I got it done. Then I moved on to all the boards in the garage and started to stain them. I spent the rest of the afternoon staining. When Rick got home at 4:30 he helped me finish up. Now we just have the doors left. Rick said he thought we should put a second coat on everything but I said if he wants a second coat he is doing it himself! One looks good to me. Rick is moving along great on his shop. He got it all rewired like he wanted and got the lights up. He even started putting on the sheetrock last night. He is going to get it all done just in time because he is getting busy with string orders.
Today it is back to work. When I get home I think I will take the dog for a much needed walk. Rick is going to go for a bike ride. I think we will have a much needed night off.
Later
Sharon
Oh I know I still have not but pictures up of the bathroom. We still have to put the trim on so when that is done I will get them up!



Posted by Picasa

No comments: