Wednesday, August 11, 2010

It's been a long time.....

Rick and I on our bike ride
Liam and Great Grandpa building the fire
This is a great picture of dad
Rick and Liam with the some of the fish they caught
Dad still acting like a kid at age 74

It has been a long time since I have posted. I know I said I was going to post pictures of the bathroom but I have not taken any yet, and we still need to get a few finishing touches on it done.
We had a great time up north. We had perfect weather and everyone had lots of fun fishing, eating, swimming, going on the paddle boat, playing lawn games and just sitting around the fire talking. Dad went for a 7 mile walk every morning. Rick and I went for a 22 mile bike ride. We wanted to go further but we could not find the trail so we came back home. We had a bear in camp one night. Good thing the dogs barked and woke everyone up. Rod went out and scared it away.
We had to come home on Sunday and leave the nice weather to come home to the hot and humid weather. Poor Dexter had stayed at Christa and Jese's house while we were gone and they do not have air conditioning. He could not get into the air conditioned truck fast enough when we got there. He does not do good in the heat. He was happy to be home.
Monday I had to go back to work. I was so tired and crabby. Then when I got done with work I had to pick up Liam and Josie from daycare. Poor kids were tired from being up north too and then they had a crabby Nana to deal with!
Rick and Tony (the contractor) got two of the windows put in and got the porch all level now. They also started to frame up the new deck we are putting on. Tony is going to come back today or Thur. to finish up the deck frame and build the steps. Rick is going to do the floor and sides by himself. They did not put the two big windows in upstairs because they decided they need more then just the two of them to do it. So since Tony is going on vacation next week it will be two weeks before they have time to get them in.
I am hoping that we can get a lot done in the basement over the next couple of weeks so I can at least have one finished area! I hate not having any pictures on the walls etc.
Yesterday I left work 3 hours early so I could get some stuff done. I needed to do all our laundry from up north and really did not want to wait until my days off to do it. I had to pick up Liam and Josie again at 5. We were all in a much better mood then the day before! Rick made us some fish for supper and then Adam got there by 6:30. Rick and Adam carried the couch and love seat from the basement up to the porch so we could get it out of the way until the basement is done. I have stuffed stored all over the house just waiting to be put where it belongs!
Tonight after work Rick is going to pull the last half of the carpet up in the basement and take it to the dump with a bunch of other construction garbage. The dump is making a mint off of us this summer!
I will try again to get some pictures of the bathroom up soon!
Stay Cool
Sharon

No comments: