Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Who needs to sit down......

We had a weekend with really no big plans but ended up doing tons of fun stuff. Saturday Rick and I picked up Amy at 7:45 and made our way to Owatonna to run the Steele County Fair 4 mile run. Well Amy and I ran it Rick just watched. I ran it in about the time I thought I would. They have not put up the official results yet but as I ran across the finish line the timer said 37:37. That is about a 9:34 pace. That is about what I have been running, not as fast as I would like but since I hardly ran all of July I am happy with it. The last time I ran this race was in 2006 when I was in super good shape and ran at least 5 days a week I ran it in 31:10 at a 7:77 pace. I would love to be in that kind of shape again, of course it was just about a month after that race I was put on the sideline because I got a stress fracture in my leg. So I guess I should just be happy I can run at all. I now try and run three times a week and try to be happy with that! Oh Amy did good in the race also, coming in right behind me. I keep telling her if she beats me in a race I am going to have to quit running them......We have a couple more races this year for her to try :) 


 After we got home from the race we decided that it was time to move our deer stands. The land we hunted at in New Richland got sold and the new owners will not let us hunt in it anymore. Rick has been hunting in it for at 10-15 years so he was pretty bummed. He had two ladder deer stands in the woods that we need to get out. The picture above is the wood we took them out of. We had to get them down and apart and then carry them out across the bean field. It was a long ways! I carried the ladder parts and the braces. At first I said oh these are not to heavy.....then we started walking. By the time I got to the truck my arms were tired!
 Next we went to the other farm where we hunt in New Richland and put up on of the stands. Once again we had to walk over a half mile through a bean field to get to where we wanted to put it up. At least this time we were only moving one stand. And I was very grateful that they did not have corn planted this year! Once we got there we put it all back together and got it all set up. We forgot the saw in the truck and neither one of us wanted to go back and get it so we will have to do a little trimming when we go back.
 Rick is up in the deer stand after it is all up and pretending he has his bow :)
 Not a very good picture of me but I put it up because I am wearing my Vote No shirt and I am going to take every opportunity to remind you how important it is to Vote NO in November.
 After we left New Richland we moved unto Faribault to Dad's woods to put up the last deer stand. We also put out a new salt block. You can see from the picture above the deer have been going crazy at the spot where the old one was. I am actually going to have my ground blind by the salt block.
 We found the perfect tree for this stand. We both have seen lots of deer in the area when we hunted here the last couple of years. Hopefully we have good luck this year.
 Here is the view from the stand.
Can you see the stand in the tree? I think we have a good spot.

After all of that we finally made it home and spent the night on the couch watching a little UFC.

Sunday was another great day. We decided to take our bike down to Mankato and bike the Red Jacket trail. It is one of our favorite trail to go on since it is so close. We biked 29 miles. I told Rick we should have biked up and down the trail another mile so we could make it 30 miles....it just sound better then 29.
When we got back to town we decided to head on over to Owatonna for the Steele Count Fair. I had never been there and everyone is always telling me I should go so I figured I better. Really what I wanted to go for is to look at all the campers. I have hopes that in 3-5 years we can upgrade to a better camper. I want one with a bathroom in :) I did not even eat anything bad at the fair, the only thing I got was a root beer float. It was delish.

Yesterday I spend the whole day cleaning. The house needed it! I also lifted yesterday  it was tuff since I have been slacking on lifting and doing more running. Plus I was sore from dragging the deer stands all over.

Today I went for a 5 mile run and then I did a little baking. We have a neighborhood supper to go to tonight so I made some bars to bring.

That is about it. I have to work tomorrow :( I sure wish they would pay me to stay home!

Later Sharon

No comments: