Thursday, September 2, 2010

Falling apart.......

Poor Dexter he just wants us to be done! He is so dirty because he keep lying down in all the construction dust. I have to give him a bath at least once a week. Good thing he likes baths.
Ricks Shop almost done
Putting up the lights
Before he started this is what it looked like. It had wall paper on the walls but he took it off before I got the picture. He also scraped the ceilings. After he did all that he decided to take all the wall off down to the block and start over.
I know my pictures are out of order... here is another one of the shop almost done. Rick added all the electric plug because he needs them for his string making stuff.
One more picture of what it looked like before.

I don't have a picture of it all done because he still getting all the stuff organized. I will take one soon and post it.

We have been really busy working on the basement. I got all the trim boards that go around the doors all stained and ready to go. To bad I only have one door done. We have to get all of the base boards yet so I can get them done. We got the last of the old sheetrock off the walls and got all of the new stuff put up in the last few days. Rick is going to start taping tonight. We hope to be painting on Sat. Then we are going to put the wood on the east wall and then the floors will go in. Lastly we will get the trim all on. I am so excited we are almost done! With any luck we should be able to get the room all done and ready to use within a week. I cannot wait to get our weight equipment back and start using it again. I look like crap, I really need to get lifting again.

Rick had me putting screws in the sheetrock with the screw guns. I found out that there is a lot more to it then you would think. You have to have the screw in far enough but not to far. 9 times out of 10 I did it wrong. I was pretty much ready to cry by the time I was done! No more screwing up sheetrock for me.

Doing all of this work is taking a tole on our bodies. Poor Rick messed up his neck so bad that he could not move it yesterday. He went to the chiropractor yesterday and that helped some. He is going back this afternoon. Hopefully he will be able to move it normally again soon.
I still have the same issues as always. My wrist is pretty swelled up and painful but I refused to go have the surgery until we are done with all this work. My back is also a mess. Yesterday my hands were numb most of the day. I am sure it is from my back. Oh well 6 months from now when it is all done I will be fine.

We started to let Dexter sleep on the floor by our bed at night. He is doing very good. I hate to put him in his kennel again at night if we have both been at work all day.

Later Sharon

No comments: